Product Design Intern, Websites & Scheduling
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
This role is based in Georgia and any candidates who accept an offer for this position is expected to reside in the state of Georgia throughout the duration of the internship.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 6th
We're looking for an Intern for the Product Design team. Product Design sits at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, and marketing to arrive at elegant solutions for our users. You’ll get to work alongside an incredible mentor with a design team that has two prior Mailchimp interns to support your growth and development.
You’re highly collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving design critiques. You are passionate about web and mobile technology, explore the latest and greatest in prototyping tools, while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar. You're always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. You’ve got a healthy curiosity for how things work, a dedication to bringing a shared vision to life, and you are ready to grow in your design career.
What you’ll do:
- Develop design approaches that translate to elegant user experiences
- Create interaction models, workflows, screen designs, and visual details that resonate with the Mailchimp user
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus
- Explore Mailchimp design systems and patterns
- Support user research by reviewing or running studies
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Passion for designing compelling user experiences
- Solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles and tools used in interaction design
- Experience creating interface prototypes and portfolio of examples
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.