Product Manager Intern, Multi-Channel at Scale
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
This role is based in Georgia and any candidate who accepts an offer for this position is expected to reside in the state of Georgia throughout the duration of the internship.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 6th
The Multi-channel at Scale’s team mission is to help marketers have real conversations at scale. We work closely with our peers in data science, research, engineering, support and design to build tools that allow marketers to easily personalize their communication and reach customers in the channels they prefer.
The ideal candidate is someone who is seeking their first steps towards becoming a product manager. You have experience working in groups to accomplish a goal, analyzing data to arrive at actionable insights and putting together presentations to communicate an idea. You’re action-oriented, collaborative, data-oriented and always ready to resolve ambiguous situations.
Bonus points if you have experience working in product, collaborating with data science/product design/engineers.
What you’ll do:
- As a key member of the Product team, you will own a specific problem space for the summer and work cross-functionally to identify a potential solution and deploy it
- Partner with Research to validate or assess customer expectations and perceptions
- Collaborate with Product Analytics to define and analyze trends impacting your problem space
- Build, edit and manage product backlog understanding the contributive value of each feature, the level of effort, risk and opportunity costs
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Want to understand your customers in and out
- Thrive collaborating with others and forging strong relationships
- Enjoy communicating (verbally and in writing) about the customer’s needs and potential solutions
- Like to back up what you do with data
- Are pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in computer science, data science, product design, business, or similar area
- Have an interest in becoming a product manager, product designer, or data scientist
- Have used Mailchimp before or are familiar with digital marketing
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.