Marketing Manager, Direct Acquisition Optimizations & Promotions
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Campaign Performance team provides data-driven guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing channels. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
We are looking for a data-driven, strategic Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving digital optimization and promotional strategies by sitting at the intersection of marketing channels, and the Mailchimp website and application. This role will focus on customer KPIs, and support the broader marketing team in tracking and achieving the customer audience’s goals and objectives. This will include developing a deep understanding of traffic patterns for Mailchimp prospects, all marketing channel and demand activity, and key goals and objectives to support marketing activities on the website and product application.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage optimization plan and execution across channels, website, and app to achieve our campaign objectives for prospective users
- Responsible for the implementation and optimization for “ad” spaces within our digital experiences for the prospective user audience
- Build a deep understanding of website and marketing channel (owned and earned) traffic and behavior as it applies to our customers
- Partner closely with the Campaign Management and Product Marketing teams to support campaign strategy and advocate for those needs on the website and app
- Partner closely with the Website and Demand Center channels (owned and earned) develop initiatives and programs on the website and app to optimize revenue and ROI of marketing investments
- Partner with Design to build proactive and reactive asset and execution plans for optimization within the campaign development phase
- Leverage the Analytics teams to compile weekly business reviews and insights on marketing channel and digital experience behavior, and make recommendations for optimizations within channels and on promotion (“ad”) placements needs throughout the site and app
- Work collaboratively with Campaign Management, Media, Analytics, Content Marketing, and CX to achieve company objectives
- Act as the connective tissue across marketing channel, web and app and advocate for Marketing requirements within larger company-wide CFX teams
- Collaborate with CFX Campaign Performance team to validate hypotheses through experimentation, data analysis, and testing
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience in B2SMB or B2C marketing, especially web focused, in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Proven ability to create requirements and actionable updates from analytics and insights
- Proven experience in merchandising and optimizations across channels, especially in B2C and/or B2B websites
- Ability to craft business cases to influence and advocate with different cross-functional partners
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Ability to educate, communicate, and influence team members at various levels within the organization
- Prefer experience in the technology space; SaaS and eCommerce industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple department
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
- You thrive when building something new - rather than running from ambiguity, you embrace it as an opportunity
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $78,000 to $94,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.