Engineering Project Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp's Engineering department is responsible for building out and scaling Mailchimp's infrastructure and tooling, keeping our product scaling sustainably and securely, and much more. Engineering project managers often work closely with many teams across Engineering, Product, Legal, and other internally facing teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
Listening hard and changing fast means that we’re working on lots of cool things. We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to help us get those things done. The ideal candidate is proactive and passionate about aligning people around a goal and helping teams to deliver.
Engineering Project Managers maintain a holistic perspective across the needs of teams and projects, allowing us to propel work forward more efficiently and effectively, building momentum and removing barriers as they arise. We often draw from Lean and Agile methodologies, but we ultimately value project management styles that encourage collaboration, communication, and continuous improvement over strict adherence to a specific framework. We are looking for someone who shares these values.
Effective project managers often go by many different titles. If your previous experiences have provided you with the skills listed below, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Facilitate staffing and discovery discussions for Engineering-centered projects
- Lead teams through visualization and prioritization of work, tailoring approach and project management structure to the needs of the team
- Guide planning and technical discussions with both involved teams and external stakeholders in order to ensure all parties aligned around risk and trade off decisions
- Work with teams to establish a strategy and cadence for communication throughout the life of a project
- Ensure that teams are considering any necessary documentation, training, and communication that should accompany their work
- Continuously improve on the processes we use to manage our work, and develop new processes that make work easier
- Resolve unknowns and identify cross-functional needs
- Make project high level needs/issues/dependencies/wins visible to Engineering leadership
- Facilitate retrospectives and identify remediations
- Guide and collect team decisions, and make learnings visible
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Act as an advocate for both our Engineering project teams and the goals of the business, raising difficult questions and smoothing communication where needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have previous experience managing work for teams
- An empathetic and proactive approach to communication and problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and with candor
- A talent for creating order out of ambiguity
- An understanding of how and when to use common project management structures and methods
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to discern situations that need flexibility and those that require consistent methodology
- A strong desire to learn and work on projects that using variety of technologies
- Knowledge of distributed computing isn’t required, but provides helpful context
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $90,000 to $108,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.