Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Partner Account Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Partner Account Management team within our Customer organization is focused on acquiring, engaging and growing members and partners in the Mailchimp & Co’s partner program and community.
Our team uses a consultative approach to explain the value and benefits of Mailchimp & Co to prospective members and partners to the program, guiding them to join, connect to more client accounts, become certified and grow their agency and freelancer business with Mailchimp. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer advocacy. We connect with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our members and partners. We collaborate internally with Customer Care, Product, Marketing, Sales and Research to provide a connected experience for our customers.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented teammate with experience building and managing relationships, all with a focus of helping our member and partner base better help our collective customers and grow their business with Mailchimp. Activities would include proactively engaging with current members and partners of Mailchimp & Co, acquiring prospective Sofias, running business reviews, facilitating small group engagements, advocating for partner needs across teams, escalating partner feedback and questions to the right teams.
What you'll do here:
- Build, manage and lead relationships with key cohorts of members and partners across the globe to become trusted advisors that add value to their experience
- Prioritize member and partner engagement by activities that have the largest impact on Mailchimp & Co growth goals
- Develop Account Plans that define business objectives, highlight areas of opportunity and provide actionable insights to grow revenue through various engagements including 1:1 check-ins, live business reviews and ad-hoc projects
- Identify and upkeep information on all stakeholders for managed members and partners
- Drive awareness of the Mailchimp & Co Partner Program and its value to all agencies, freelancers and marketing professionals
- Develop cross-functional relationships with key team members across Customer Success, Customer Operations, Customer Care, Customer Marketing, Product, Engineering, Revenue Management and others that are involved in the partner experience
- Help your members and partners win, retain and grow more business by listening to their needs and feeding those needs back to relevant internal stakeholders across Product, Customer Care, Product Marketing and other departments
- Lead the involvement and adoption of partners you manage across other areas in the customer lifecycle including Inbound Sales, Onboarding, Customer Success, and Renewal. Always be prepared to speak to the value partners can bring to customers
- Attend in-person and virtual events to maintain current relationships and build new ones with members and partners, while also generating awareness and increasing acquisition of new members and partners to the program
- The organizational skills to set priorities, plan, and manage multiple tasks, while being comfortable shifting when necessary
- Identify, recommend and lead the execution of growth opportunities within key cohorts of members and partners. This includes looking for growth, forecasting timelines for that growth and following through on the close of growth within member and partner accounts you manage
- Serve as point of escalation for key cohorts of members and partners to teams including SPP leadership, Customer Care, Product, Marketing and Inbound Sales
- Manages program activities to understand what works, what doesn’t work and make recommendations for improving workflows, as well as member and partner communications
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in partner success, relationship management, or customer success
- 2-3 years experience working for and/or partnering with small to medium-sized digital creative agencies is preferred
- Experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Patience and enthusiasm for explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Experience and comfort working (and leading) client and partner relationships
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable
- Ability to travel 30%+
Bonus Points For:
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
- Understanding of Mailchimp and its features
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) and customer success (CS) software
- Experience working with E-commerce, marketing agencies, freelancers or integration developers
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $73,000 to $88,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.