Marketing Associate, Events
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Campaign Performance team provides strategic guidance for our earned and owned marketing channels and how to best target specific audiences. In addition, we produce and execute high quality marketing campaigns and events. We firmly believe in a test and learn culture, and we track performance and quickly iterate to optimize results. We also value strong collaboration and work closely with our peeps across Marketing, Design, Analytics, Customer Experience, and Service Partner Program (SPP) teams (just to name a few) to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
Mailchimp’s Events Marketing Associate will play an important role in supporting our year-round event marketing initiatives. In this role your primary responsibility will be to execute and support a combination of in-person and virtual events that aid Mailchimp in attracting new prospective customers and forging stronger engagement and relationships with our existing customers.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented. In this role, they will have a balance of working independently without close supervision and also in highly collaborative, project managed environments. We’re looking for someone who takes initiative to identify opportunities, cultivates empathy for and an understanding of our Mailchimp audience, and has good judgment about what will prove most engaging for them and valuable for the business.
This role requires the ability to prioritize, maintain calm under pressure, and think creatively. It’s a mix of strategy and execution—you will present ideas about how to make the most of this marketing channel to accomplish our business goals; while also shifting gears to work with our fulfillment center to ship swag and the event tech team on making sure everyone has the right microphone.
What you'll do here:
- Partner with our business stakeholders to build a comprehensive event strategy to meet team and organizational goals
- Create briefs for event proposals, defining goals and KPIs, tying them to business objectives, and clearly communicating the marketing opportunity for stakeholders
- Develop and maintain comprehensive event plans (including project planning, event promotion, etc.), calendars, and run-of-show documentation
- Lead the planning and production of engaging town halls, webinars, Facebook and Instagram Lives, VIP events, and community events in a virtual environment, sponsored trade shows and conferences
- Manage the recruiting, training, logistics, and scheduling of onsite event staff
- Work with event speakers and hosts on rehearsals and coaching; communicate expectations, deliverables, and timelines effectively
- Lead relationships with event sponsorship partners, negotiate contracts and pricing, and provide recommendations to make the most of the opportunity; conduct regular check-ins and coordinate with sponsors to report on event and other marketing channel performance
- Manage and reconcile event budgets month over month
- Source new event opportunities and evaluate fit for Mailchimp, in accordance with our values and goals
- Stay up to date on event industry trends and technology and provide recommendations
- Partner with manager to source vendors and oversee the implementation of new event management and registration tools, when needed
- Track & report on event performance; while also partnering with analytics lead to tie channel to overall business goals
- Identity efficiencies and cross-marketing opportunities for events across the organization
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 3- 5+ years of experience in events marketing or events management
- Experience managing complex projects with cross functional teams and agency relationships
- Proven track record of successfully concepting, executing, and measuring major marketing events
- Experience working across functions and managing multiple stakeholder interests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to track, measure, and analyze events marketing performance
- Ability to drive daily detailed operations and long-term strategy
- Outstanding teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Highly adaptive and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent situational awareness and diplomacy
- Proficient with Google G-suite, Microsoft Office, event and travel booking tools and project management software
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (in the future when it is safe and things open back up fully)
Bonus points for the following:
- International events marketing experience
- Background in SaaS technology (B2B or consumer)
- Experience working in a fast-paced and matrixed environment is a plus
- Great organizational and prioritization skills, while maintaining balance of both quality output and speed to meet the demands of the business
- Experience managing partner channel event programs is a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $61,000 to $73,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.