Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Associate Manager of Engineering
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
Marketing Cloud Core domain is looking for an Associate Engineering Manager to join our team. This manager will focus on delivering and helping build core products to support the MCC domain's objectives of broader adoption of the Mailchimp platform.
We consistently iterate and launch new features based on our users' needs, and leverage Mailchimp's data, feature-rich marketing platform to serve recommendations and personalization so our small business clients can market better than the pros.
The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling a team of engineers to do their best work. You will work closely with cross functional teams to identify and refine opportunities for enabling automations for our small business users.. You will provide direction and insight to the engineering team, but prefer enabling team members to create the solutions themselves.
What you'll do:
- You'll lead and grow a team of talented software engineers.
- You'll cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion and equity.
- You'll cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Facilitate open and honest dialogue within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members.
- You'll maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- You'll align groups of people along shared goals.
- You'll support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- You'll recognize when it's necessary to talk through difficult topics and deliver clear, candid, and actionable feedback.
- You'll promote continuous improvement of the team's code, architecture, automation, and agile processes
- You'll build cross-functional relationships with teammates across Product, Design, Project Management, and more.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience building and shipping software and are comfortable working through both technical and organizational uncertainty.
- You have worked in an agile environment and understand the process and concepts
- You are enthusiastic about people, process, and technologies, and are able to inspire and motivate others.
- You have experience leading 2-5 person teams or groups on projects
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $103,000 to $124,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.