Senior Project Manager - Go to Market, Partner Program
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
MailChimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Senior Project Manager provides support for MailChimp Go to Market teams to ensure delivery on key initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, prioritizing what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You will be an excellent communicator who thrives relating to people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
What you'll do here:
- Work closely with the program, growth, marketing and channel marketing teams and other internal stakeholders to manage the creative development and delivery process for web, event, and digital marketing.
- Define project scope, including timelines, resources, labor hours, and external costs.
- Manage the design, development, implementation, and management of numerous integrated deliverables guiding our program marketing team efforts.
- Facilitates project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), and communicates action steps to the broader team.
- Manages, organizes, and distributes all project documentation, including creative briefs, strategic plans, status reports, deliverables lists and post-project retrospectives.
- Work with in-house and third-party teams to assess project scope and needs in order to chart a path for project success.
- Communicates project statuses at recurring cadences, identifying and troubleshooting issues/roadblocks.
- Collaborates with the creative team to ensure project and program requests have been addressed in intake and resources are assigned appropriately.
- Coordinate with product teams to asses marketing requirements and be a liaison between product, customer and marketing team deliverables
- Effectively track and manage ongoing resources and future needs.
- Ensures all deliverables are meeting business partner expectations, including adherence to established timelines and budgets.
- Work with channel marketers to track business metrics and apply learnings to future projects to improve performance.
- Monitor workflow efficiency to ensure the team is working efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- You have the ability to exert influence without authority in a cross-functional team environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with high attention to detail.
- You are aware of the creative process and creative skill sets.
- You have strong organizational, relational, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- You have the ability to drive and manage multiple complex projects across various departments.
- You have a clear track record of driving success and running effective go-to-market campaigns.
- You are flexible, have the ability to change priorities quickly, and guide others through those changes
- You have a demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Project Management (PMP) and experience in PPM tools, such as Workfront a plus
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $107,000 to $128,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.