Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Manager of Product Marketing, Commerce
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Manager of Product Marketing, Commerce who will be responsible for helping drive success for our Commerce suite of products. Candidate should have experience within the e-commerce space and possess strong passion for developing go-to-market and sales marketing strategies to hit Commerce business targets.
What you'll do here:
- Build a deep understanding of our Commerce customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions and competitive differentiation
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market plans
- Work very closely with the customer care team to develop and executive effective sales marketing strategies
- Help launch programs and campaigns to drive business goals within this user base and measure their impact
- Work with the Product Management and other cross functional support teams to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or within the retail space with focus in e-commerce
- Ability to create impactful messaging strategies to effectively engage with a Commerce SMB audience
- Proven track record of shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $110,000 to $132,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.