Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Senior Creative, Campaigns (Copywriter)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking for a Senior Copywriter, Campaigns. As a champion of all things words and strategically sound ideas, you’ll help write, concept and execute amazing campaigns for both brand and product initiatives with a focus on reaching and acquiring new customers for Mailchimp.
The Senior Copywriter role at Mailchimp requires a keen understanding of storytelling and craftsmanship in all media channels both paid and earned. This includes video, digital, social, print, web, email and other emerging channels for consumer-facing advertising campaigns.
The Senior Copywriter should also possess the ability to collaborate with all our team members from art directors and designers to brand marketers, product designers, and content strategists. You should also be able to articulate ideas clearly and write within and for Mailchimp’s specific brand tone of voice.
What you’ll do here:
- Champion Mailchimp's Voice and Tone Guides
- Be the creative spokesperson for projects at times and ensure that the creative integrity of the work stays intact.
- Be responsible for oversight of copy and ideas on small, medium and large projects as needed.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring fresh and original creative ideas to the table.
- Provide sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Recognize the brand’s needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Present and build pitch decks to articulate ideas and campaigns.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Provide effective copy direction through all phases of production—internally and with external partners
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong, award-winning portfolio.
- You have 5+ years of advertising or in-house agency experience.
- You have robust knowledge of advertising fundamentals, including brand development, strategy, storytelling, design, new/emerging platforms and technologies.
- You have excellent writing and verbal skills.
- You have excellent concepting skills.
- You have mastery of the creative process.
- you have an understanding of a brand’s identity—how our visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience
- You have strong internal and external communication and presentation skills.
- You have the ability to build rapport easily with a diverse team.
- You have excellent team building and collaboration skills.
- You have proven problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You are proficient in video, digital, social, print and beyond—campaign integration across all channels.
- You can effectively handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- You are comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
- You have accountability and self-development.
- You have excellent computer skills in relevant software packages.
- You have an education from a portfolio school or degree in Advertising, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication preferred (or equivalent experience).
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $98,000 to $117,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.