Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Business / Product Analytics Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Strategy and Analytics team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, product operations, and go-to-market operations as Mailchimp continues to evolve.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and hands-on Analytics Manager who can bring an understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to solve real customer and business problems. In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of product analysts to help them deliver value as a key member of a product domain. You will also be responsible for educating and training other disciplines on data-informed decision-making such as KPI setting, opportunity sizing and prioritization frameworks. As a Manager of Product Analytics, you will be working cross-functionally with other managers in UX Research, Design, and Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will be able to combine a deep knowledge of analytics with effective storytelling and a passion for coaching and mentoring people.
What you'll do here:
- You will grow the Analytics team both through hiring and coaching, training and mentoring existing team members with the product domains they are supporting
- You will communicate opportunities identified by the analytics team to leadership and Domain leadership to drive product vision and domain roadmap
- You will assist in defining KPIs and qualitative and quantitative metrics for the domain(s) and coach team of Product Analysts to define these goals within their squads, review with Product Managers and Domain leadership
- You will develop research and analysis in support of domain KPIs through partnership with research and by coaching a team of analysts to be able to deliver analysis in support of Mailchimp’s strategic direction and go-to-market strategy
- You will translate data into consumable, actionable narratives around the progress of their domain(s); regularly update the organization
- You will partner with Ops and Data Governance teams to create consistent definitions of KPIs and data tracking requirements to be used throughout the company
- You will serve as subject matter expert on data-informed decision-making sharing best practices across the organization
- You will manage team capacity planning and staffing
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 7 or more years experience in an analytics focused role
- You have previous experience in a product focused role and experience leading cross-functional teams
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics)
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, and problem-solver
- You possess expertise related to A/B testing and experimentation statistics
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- You've worked extensively with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and making strategic recommendations
- You are proficient in SQL, SAS, Web Analytics
- You are passionate about analytics, using data to inform decision-making and the ability to tell stories using data
- You have the ability to work and communicate with non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
- You have strong collaboration skills and ability to gain trust and influence others;
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with ability to present and communicate data to senior management
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.