Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Partnerships Manager, Account Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Partner Program contains a robust community of software companies, integrators and app developers that play a critical role in driving value for our customers. We are looking for a Partnerships Manager who will manage and cultivate this community of technology partners. This person will serve as the primary liaison between our community of technology partners and Mailchimp’s internal teams. They will help ensure that our partners have the resources they need to assist their clients who use Mailchimp. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to build solutions, be proactive, and work cross-functionally.
What you'll do here:
- You'll focus on Account Management by engaging contacts and partners at various functional levels to educate, build, close, manage, and grow our partnerships with key companies as well as with our Technology Partner Community
- You'll effectively manage a portfolio of existing product partnerships, driving partner performance in line with Mailchimp's company strategic directives
- You'll work closely with Mailchimp’s Product Partnerships Business Development team on transitioning new partners from the onboarding process into stable partnerships with consistent growth.
- You'll develop and grow deep relationships with technology partners across a comprehensive array of business categories
- You'll evaluate, vet and effectively prioritize technology partners; balancing the management of strategic vs. community partnerships
- You'll develop and drive joint go-to-market business plans with strategic partners, including quarterly business reviews
- You'll drive awareness and applications to the Mailchimp Partner Program
- You'll work directly with product managers and solutions engineers to define the best solution for our new strategic partners.
- You'll consistently cultivate new business opportunities with our existing strategic partners, as well as new partners
- You'll gain a deep awareness of partner needs, target audience, key players, and industry trends
- You'll participate in industry events and maintain a steady cadence of personal interaction with technology partners
- You'll work with the product teams to conceptualize new strategic initiatives to expand Mailchimp's product feature set and business reach within our existing partner portfolio.
- You'll convey feedback from technology partners to appropriate MailChimp teams to help inform design, creation, and implementation of technology resources.
- You'll work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 3+ years experience working for and/or partnering with small to medium-sized technology firms, preferably SaaS
- You have 3+ years account management/sales experience
- You have proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- You have demonstrated experience negotiating agreements, including interpreting business terms in a legal documents
- You are knowledgeable about e-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Big Commerce, Magento, etc)
- You have the ability to think through a long-term vision for a partnership, but realize and act on the small steps needed to get there
- You are highly motivated and adaptable and have exceptional people skills
- You have the ability to travel 30%+
- Bonus: You have experience with small businesses and products geared toward the small business customer
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $120,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.