Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Director of Business Intelligence
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Director to manage the Business Intelligence group, reporting to the VP of Customer Operations. You will lead a team consisting of experts that are skilled in delivering Competitive Intelligence to the leaders throughout the Customer Team in key analysis and departmental reporting. In this role you will serve as the team’s leader, crafting the group’s vision and priorities, driving strategic projects, and partnering with senior leaders across the company.
This role will develop a team of reporting analysts responsible for collecting, analyzing and packaging detailed information to the stakeholders within the Customer Team. Additionally this team will support all budgetary and financial requirements of the Customer Team. This team’s primary focus and responsibility is to our Customer Team, including; Sales, Customer Success, Care and Strategic Partner Programs but will integrate tightly with other areas of the business including Strategy and Product.
What you’ll do here:
- You'll manage the development, standardization, automation, and delivery of Key Operations Performance Indicators.
- You'll direct analysts in gathering/refreshing requirements from Customer Team to support the measurability of process and product deployments.
- You'll guide team in development and delivery of KPI delivery platforms including Looker.
- You'll lead the team in the effort to consolidate, standardize, validate, automate, and maintain the standard suite of business critical reports.
- You'll direct the team in development and production of interactive dashboards. This includes providing structural and content guidelines in accordance with industry best practices.
- You'll partner with business to understand objectives and the types of analyses that are necessary to support those objectives.
- You'll allocate appropriate team resources for critical Operations data analyses.
- You'll prepare and present concise, actionable insights based on these interactions.
- You'll drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their strategy.
- You'll assist stakeholders to diagnose problems and understand business needs.
- You'll create and distribute organizational budgets and headcount to departments, track and manage teams to provided budgets.
- You'll generate forecasting for internal and vendor partners covering all aspects of Customer Team (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support and Strategic Partners).
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years experience leading effective teams.
- You have 10+ years experience in data analytics.
- You have strong problem solving skills.
- You have experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- You have knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- You can lead transformation of operational reporting from descriptive/diagnostic analytics to predictive and cognitive analysis.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- You have a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- You have the ability to work with all levels of management.
- You are a team player who is able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- You have excellent influencing skills and the ability to bring teams together.
- You have the ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing high-volume business.
- You have the ability to work with deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You are independent and self-directed.
- You possess a broad knowledge of business processes, business metrics, business systems, and interrelationships between organizations.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.