Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Manager, Marketing Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Manager to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for leading a team that delivers key analyses projects, reporting, and processes leading to insights that help drive Marketing decision making. This role is both data-driven and strategic, focused on improving paid media and web/owned channel efficiency through ongoing optimization and expanding measurement capabilities.The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in similar marketing analytics roles with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Marketing Analytics team, the work you do will have high visibility across Marketing and other departments as it is used for data-driven decision making guiding marketing investments and strategy.
What you'll do here:
- You will plan and prioritize key projects across the team
- You will develop vision and roadmap, with execution timelines and deliverables
- You will mentor and guide team members for high productivity and efficient workstreams
- You will lead key exploratory analysis to understand new sources of data and new tools
- You will develop new methods for analysis based on shifting media and web landscapes
- You will own and build analytical tools and solutions addressing Marketing business needs and questions enabling better decisions by leadership
- You will lead complex analytics requirements conversations, communicate with stakeholders to plan analysis approach, and guide key decisions
- You will join paid and web data to create full funnel customer analytics across channels
- You will unify data and tell data stories using big data in new ways
- You will translate complex business questions into sound data analysis using a hypothesis and solution process
- You will develop analysis methodology, mine, and interpret data and offer recommendations and insight around specific questions
- You will create new reporting and dashboards, data infrastructure, and queries to track key marketing metrics across multiple data sources leveraging SQL, R/Python and, Looker, Tableau, and other visualization tools; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- You will architect multi cell tests and test methodology for media performance studies and web testing
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in media and advertising analytics
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (analytics, computer science, or mathematics a plus)
- You have 5-7 years experience in media analytics or advertising analytics preferred
- You have fluency in media technology, ad serving platforms, and marketing data systems
- You have expertise in reporting on media spend, efficiency, and optimization
- You have experience with eCommerce and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models
- You have experience working with senior leadership at corporations
- You have the ability to translate business objectives into measurable goals and KPIs
- You have the ability to translate technical data into a framework and language that internal clients can understand
- You have working knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
- You have experience wrangling and transforming data
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have extensive experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- You have expertise in media reporting platforms like Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads, Search Ads 360 a plus
- You have expert knowledge of web analytics and user behavior analysis (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- You have experience reporting on web, owned, social, and Organic Search using analytical tools
- You have experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- You have experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- You have experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), and presenting the data in a clear and concise manner
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.