Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later.
Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Enablement
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an engineer with an interest in engineering infrastructure to join our team. The Engineering Enablement team provides tooling and services that powers the future of application development and operations here at Mailchimp. You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working closely with Support, Operations, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you're aware that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous Integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours and some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation if you’re not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features, and preferably an interest or capability in backend/infrastructure engineering (infrastructure as code).
- You are happy straddling the line between application development and operations, adding value to both.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You appreciate and champion utilizing open source technologies and other standards to deliver new capabilities.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You like to experiment: you’re comfortable with trying things, occasionally failing, and trying something else.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills - this team is partially distributed so effective written communication is key.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features within the Mailchimp monolith.
- You have experience in cloud infrastructure and application development including, but not limited to: Container Management, DevOps , CI/CD, Cloud Services and Virtualization.
What you'll do:
- Build software for the next generation of Mailchimp’s infrastructure and applications using Go, PHP, Shell, and Google Cloud Platform services.
- Share expertise with development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team.
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $121,000 to $145,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.