Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure & Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Engineering Enablement provides tooling and services that power the future of application development and operations here at Mailchimp. We are focused on improving the developer experience and work hard cross functionally towards that end.
Come meet us if you’re a self-directed programmer with experience working within infrastructure, operations, and/or systems. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you appreciate doing what it takes to keep applications healthy and users happy. You have a solid understanding of containers, container orchestration, configuration management, and the cloud, from theory to practical experience using these technologies as part of large-scale distributed systems.
What you’ll do here:
- You'll build software for the next generation of Mailchimp’s infrastructure and applications using Golang, PHP, Shell and Google Cloud Platform services.
- You'll build the team backlog and lead refinement & planning sessions.
- You'll share expertise with teammates through code reviews, pair programming sessions, demos, and documentation.
- You'll provide mentorship for team members.
- You'll propose new approaches to work, new tools to use, and best practices to adopt.
- You'll work cross functionally to build features from concept through implementation.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience writing tools and scripts (Python, Golang, or Bash).
- You have experience working with containers and container orchestration in a production environment.
- You are comfortable with at least 1 cloud technology (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.).
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, making technical decision and facilitating in cross-functional discussions.
- You are experienced in designing systems and implementing code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also mentoring those around you.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- You practice Infrastructure as Code and are familiar with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager, etc.).
- You have experience with Jenkins, Artifactory, and other CI/CD tools.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.