Senior Manager, Product Design
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Design team sits at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing and editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
We’re looking for a creative Senior Product Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and obsessing about cultivating transparency and guiding design approaches. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do here:
- Actively manage product designers and senior product designers, providing guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well as mentor and grow team
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Work closely with front end and engineering managers to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 8+ years product design experience
- Strong experience building, managing and leading product design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience on teams designing for web and mobile
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.