Staff Business Data Analyst - Marketing Sciences
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Analytics & Science team at MailChimp drives user growth and retention using product insights and marketing channel optimization for the MailChimp. We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry- leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices.
As a Staff Analyst for Marketing Analytics, you will dive deep into our digital acquisition data and campaigns to uncover actionable insights and make recommendations that will influence the company’s strategic decisions. This position works alongside marketers, agency partners and finance team to deliver business results and grow our customer base for our MailChimp products.
The preferred locations for this position are: Atlanta, New York or San Francisco. Other remote locations will be considered.
What you’ll do here:
- You will be a subject matter expert on marketing analytics for Paid Search, Organic Search, Display, Social, TV and Audio channels, develop actionable insights and recommendations to support and guide marketing investments decisions
- You will provide the leadership team with insights regarding marketing campaign effectiveness and develop data structures, pipelines, and data visualizations that enable them to find insights
- You will develop, maintain and enhance media mix models , MTA models to measure the incremental impact of marketing campaigns, web tests and structural changes.
- You will bring innovation, agility, automation and continuous improvements to existing models.
- You will develop optimization and simulation algorithms scenarios to help provide the marketing investment and allocation recommendations to stakeholders.
- You will lead analytics for big campaigns/initiatives/tests measurements.
- You must have good judgement with the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- You will communicate results and share actionable insights clearly, concisely and confidently to the broad team and leadership.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a MS/PhD in quantitative fields such as Business, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field with 6+ years working experience in an analytics related role.
- You are proficient in one of the following analytics tools, such as Python and R.
- You are efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
- You have proficiency in visualization tools such as Tableau.
- You have built out media mix models that informed budget allocation.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical modeling and marketing measurement, and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
- You are confident with machine learning techniques and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, mathematical optimization)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.