Inside Sales Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Inbound Sales team is the first point of human contact for prospective customers learning how Mailchimp adds value to their business. The team works with businesses ranging from completely new to digital marketing to those switching from other providers and looking to optimize. The Inbound Sales team is tasked with guiding conversations with prospective customers around the ROI of our platform offerings with features, integrations, pricing, and security, compared to competing marketing platforms. Through speedy relationship and trust building, the team encourages accelerated feature adoption leading to enhanced value from our platform. Our team's guidance sets businesses up for success before their first touch point with Product Support. If you’re passionate about helping businesses grow, touting the benefits of smart marketing, and thrive on connections over the phone, in person, and via email with marketers, business leaders, and agencies, we’d like to talk to you.
The leader will have a rare opportunity to help scale a Sales team from infancy to beyond in order to support our growth and expansion efforts. We’re looking for a personable, creative, sales leader to join our team. If you are an expert on quickly establishing relationships with potential customers virtually and in person, managing a team, and have a strong desire to use consumer and brand knowledge to develop growth strategies, we’d like to meet you. The successful candidate will lead the execution of the Sales strategy, closely collaborate and align with marketing and Sales Ops, and enhance the operational rigor within our teams in order to build a predictable and scalable approach to growing revenue globally.
What you'll do here:
- You will manage and prioritize Inbound Sales team response strategy
- Partner with marketing teams to execute strategy as the company introduces enhancements to existing solutions and/or releases new products
- Conduct performance reviews, create development plans, provide mentoring and training, and deliver ongoing performance feedback to direct reports
- Develop additional training and learning programs for your team as needed
- Craft insight-driven strategies to capitalize on opportunities for areas of growth and propose appropriate offerings
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive best fit customers to Mailchimp
- Collaborate on examining customer’s path-to-purchase, across .com, ads, and social touchpoints; recommend strategies and tactics for Inbound Sales Team’s reach
- Utilize strong understanding of SMB’s needs in conjunction with Mailchimp’s capabilities to positively impact conversions
- Share customer insights internally and in external presentations
- Ensure the team has resources and information they need to be successful
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Mailchimp
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a proven track record in a B2B Sales leadership roles
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Superb communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Self-starter who combines a high level of creativity and initiative with strong organizational skills
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing, and evolving environment
- You can multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively towards individual, team, and company goals
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Some travel required (MAX up to10%)
Bonus points for:
- Experience in process improvement; lean startup or design thinking a plus
- Experience in selling to SMBs
- Experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp’s ad and e-commerce features
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.