Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, commerce, CRM and analytics tools.
Strategy Activation is a new and growing function within our Corporate Strategy team responsible for guiding the design, activation, and execution of major strategic initiatives meant to unlock step-change growth for the business. We are seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial manager with a high level of business acumen and natural curiosity to support the growth of this team.
As a BizOps Manager (internally known as the Manager of Strategy Activation), you’ll play a critical part in guiding strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp and driving growth in high-priority focus areas. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing deep dive analyses to evaluate strategic priorities and opportunities, customer behavior, and business trends. You will work with the Senior Manager of Strategy Activation and cross-functional initiative partners to translate learnings into actionable recommendations, frame options and facilitate trade-off decisions, build roadmaps that maximize growth, and ensure strategic projects are set up to succeed and drive value for both our small business customers and Mailchimp.
What you'll do here:
- Act as part of an internal consulting team that supports the major strategic initiatives that will enable Mailchimp to achieve its goals and objectives
- Frame and structure complex problems to guide solutioning, and partner with analytics and research teams to identify the data and/or methodologies necessary to explore open questions
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic questions, and develop and present action-oriented insights and recommendations to senior leadership
- Conduct external/competitor research and market sizing to identify and evaluate growth opportunities, and develop growth projections to define initiative guardrails
- Identify option sets and evaluate trade-offs when major decisions are needed, conducting conducting deep dive analysis and experiments as needed to help refine roadmaps and supporting senior leadership in communicating outcomes
- Proactively monitor the performance of strategic initiatives, identifying cross-functional risks and dependencies, and proposing recommendations to mitigate risks in partnership with initiative leadership
- Build strong relationships with Strategy Office and initiative leadership, and support the growth and development of team members
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a data-driven field, such as corporate strategy, business operations, product management, finance, analytics or management consulting
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry
- You are proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and quantitative/qualitative analysis
- You are able to drive work forward independently and have experience leading pieces of work to support strategic planning activities and/or major cross-functional initiatives
- You are a creative problem solver and enjoy working in an ambiguous environment
- You have proven experience structuring complex problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations
- You can balance a strong attention to detail with framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains and ability to prioritize and get the most important work done first
- You are a strong communicator who can tailor their delivery to a broad range of audiences
- You excel at building connections, enjoy working collaboratively, and are able to quickly establish rapport and trust with partners across the company
- MBA is preferred, but not required
Bonus points if:
- You have first-hand experience working with small businesses
- You have used Mailchimp before
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.