Senior Systems Engineer, Foundry
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Foundry Team at Mailchimp is seeking an Engineer to create and support tooling to manage internal hardware and network management services both in our data centers and in the cloud. We’re looking for an engineer who is comfortable working independently and thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You should enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting production issues as well as looking out at the horizon and planning the future of our infrastructure.
What you'll do here:
- Guarantee reliable and accessible availability of the company’s data
- Consult on individual server-level file systems and storage systems, including emerging technologies
- Help coordinate maintenance and upgrades
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Participate in code reviews, technical reviews, architecture improvements, and defining technical solutions
- Participate in presenting team accomplishments internally and externally (showcases, blog posts, public speaking)
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience writing APIs, tools, and scripts (Python, Golang, or Bash)
- Experience running VMware in a production environment
- Experience with Puppet or other config management (Salt, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- A working comprehension of Linux administration
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and paradigms (Terraform, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ceph (or other distributed storage platforms)
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (nginx, HAProxy, KVM)
- Understanding of Linux filesystem technologies (knowledge of ZFS or mdadm)
- Experience managing DNS authorities and caching resolvers
- Experience with administration of FreeBSD
- Experience with git or other version control
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.