Senior Software Engineer, Engage & Promote
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our Mailchimp Surveys and Inbox team which focuses on reputation management capabilities for our marketers connecting with audiences from both Mailchimp and Quickbooks as part of the Quickbooks CRM Team. Our team is focused on bridging the gap between QuickBooks & Mailchimp, and enabling a whole new set of CRM capabilities. These CRM capabilities (customer lifecycle management, task management, pipelines, sales tools, etc.) along with personalized smart recommendations will help small businesses grow their customer base and take on more profitable clients. When you join the QuickBooks CRM Team as a Mailchimp Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on two of the most prominent brands in Small Business both aiming to empower the underdog and power prosperity worldwide. With a combined base of over 17 Million customers worldwide, you’ll have the opportunity to improve the lives of small business owners while leveraging existing and building new capabilities.
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations) and be excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. We have several openings across a few specific teams within this initiative so if this description sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- You’ll set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall system architecture and infrastructure
- You’ll develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- You’ll empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- You’ll define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- You’ll ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- You’ll help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You’ll embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- You’ll foster an inclusive community on the team and at Mailchimp.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a software development environment, with capability in frontend or backend development.
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
- You are experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.