Financial Analysis Partner - Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a well rounded Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team and work directly with the Director of Financial Analytics to maintain the financial integrity of the organization. This position will play a key role in developing relationships with outside vendors as well as departments throughout the company. Our ideal candidate has accounting experience at a digital marketing or marketing agency and excellent time-management skills.
What you'll do here:
- Work in close coordination with the Marketing team as their Finance Partner to review in depth financial results and forecasted spend by project and vendor
- Lead monthly meetings with Marketing budget owners to ensure teams are tracking to quarterly and annual budgets
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure proper expense recording and accruals during month-end close process
- Review all marketing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Lead annual budget creation and quarterly forecasting submissions
- Prepare presentation and present monthly results and updates to Mailchimp CMO
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- You have 2-3 years of experience as a financial analyst
- You have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- You likely have experience with Google suite
- You are self-motivated with good planning and highly effective organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You manage and prioritize workloads both in a team environment and independently
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-pace setting and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have experience with an ERP system and importing data
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.