Staff Product Manager, Purchase Experience
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is looking for a Staff Product Manager to lead our Purchase Experience. With hundreds of thousands of users signing up and logging in every month, we believe delivering a best in class purchase experience will help our customers get more value out of Mailchimp's powerful marketing solution to drive more commerce and engagement for their small business.
What you’ll do here:
- Establish metrics, outcomes and growth targets for your purchase experience team that align to one or more larger Mailchimp initiatives.
- Run detailed funnel analysis on all our major upgrade moments and in app shopping experience to create a set of hypotheses for the purchase experience team.
- Prioritize those hypotheses based on methodology such as RICE or one of your choosing.
- Run concurrent A/B tests using optimizely with clear success criteria and run time commitments.
- Partner with a product analyst to analyze A/B test outcomes and team reporting metrics.
- Continue implementing instrumentation to hone greater specificity of our purchase experience.
- Partner with design, engineering and other initiatives to test and create new purchase experiences throughout the app.
- Keep a clear and concise roadmap of experiments and new experiences for your team and leadership to review.
- Expand your scope to other growth areas including account closures, downgrades, pauses and winbacks in the future.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- If you have experience in creating purchase experiences for SaaS or Web based applications
- You’ve run multiple A/B tests for purchase experiences in the past.
- You have a point of view on the relationship between value and price and how users assess such when evaluating a product.
- You’ve worked in an environment where failing fast is expected and have done so to learn and quickly move into wins.
- You are an effective communicator (both verbally and written) across multiple groups, including C-level executives
- You are an expert in quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to clearly communicate data insights; SQL skills a plus
- You lead by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies and cloud-based SaaS products (coding experience not required)
- You have extensive experience in a product-related functions with responsibility for delivering against a product roadmap and experience mentoring junior roles or leading a team
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering products in a Product Management role
- You’re not a Staff but a Senior Product Manager with the experience and expertise above and looking for a step up!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.