Senior Manager, Programmatic Media
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Programmatic Media (internally known as the Sr. Manager of Global Digital Video & Display) to lead our COE and paid media investments in these channels globally. You will develop the cross channel digital video & display strategy, test aggressively and scale initiatives to drive our brand and performance marketing objectives.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead our digital investment strategy across multiple digital media channels with particular focus on programmatic video and display and direct publisher partnerships
- Manage and ideate ways to allocate digital investment, ensuring a well optimized media budget across geographies, and understanding how digital media can support cross funnel-stage strategies to meet performance and branding goals across the world.
- Work closely with key publishers, technology providers and internal cross-functional marketing leaders (Brand, Web, Search, Social, and Analytics) to support the strategy development and execution of multi-channel campaigns.
- Manage agency teams to deliver Mailchimp’s digital media performance goals
- Utilize data-driven methodology, analysis and measurement to improve effectiveness and efficiency across platforms and partners.
- Maintain constant optimization through performance analysis, trends analysis, and identifying areas of growth though A/B testing, campaign structure, audience segmentation, bidding optimization, landing page optimization, etc.
- Lead the analytics and reporting framework to actively measure the impact of our strategy and provide clear actionable insights to help drive media performance
- Lead and establish joint business partnership programs with key digital media partners
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of either agency or in-house digital media buying experience with a focus on paid performance and new customer acquisition. Global experience preferred.
- You have experience working collaboratively in a cross-channel paid media team
- You have strong leadership and communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs and communicate plans
- You have a willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create and communicate higher level strategy.
- You have hands-on experience with primary DSP platforms & ad formats (Google DV360, Google Ads, Amazon, Verizon, Trade Desk).
- You have experience with leading the implementation of data from the following marketing technology tools and insights into paid media plans:
- Identity On-boarders
- Web Analytics
- Dynamic Creative Optimization
- DMP or CDP
- You have experience with ad verification and brand safety tools (IAS, DoubleVerify, Moat).
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.