Mailchimp is the world's largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Mailchimp’s Technical Content team is made up of writers, producers, and content strategists who design, write, and maintain our public Knowledge Base, produce visual assets, and work within cross-functional teams to make sure changes and new features are effectively and efficiently communicated to our users. We collaborate across teams at Mailchimp to build the best educational documentation so our users can become exceptional marketing experts.
We're looking for a Content Engineer to add to our growing team!
A professional communicator capable of grasping complex communication challenges and devising solutions, our ideal candidate has a well-rounded knowledge of content strategy as well as content management systems, workflows, and reporting. With limited supervision and some latitude for independent judgment, you will also help draft estimates, scope new work and contribute to new concepts that improve process efficiency and enhance the customer experience. In this role, you'll plan for content reuse across channels and touch points in the customer journey as well as content personalization architecture. This role also partners with the content analyst to use data to inform delivery rules and content structure.
This role plays an integral part in unlocking Mailchimp's momentum to scale content by analyzing information requirements and content sources.
- Create content models for structure, schema, and semantics
- Architect content using taxonomies and other metadata
- Plan content delivery through CMS definition for authoring and content retrieval
- Inform governance of the content system
- Assist with planning content migrations and system integrations involving content
- Exercise judgment within best practices to support Customer Education projects
- Work on problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of multiple factors of the overall product and service
- Review product requirements and architecture to understand and implement projects
- Build effective internal and external relationships that are essential to delivering a quality product or service
- Receive little instruction on day-to-day work
- Defect remediation
- Technical design specification
- Automated unit tests
- Estimate and sequence of individual activities as inputs to project plans
- Experience with headless content management systems
- Experience working in/with a range of content, from technical to marketing content
- Experience with complex content ecosystems
- Familiarity with content inventory, auditing, and modeling tools
- An understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Represent the customer perspective
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Experience designing, coding, testing and maintaining deliverables of low to moderate complexity
- Debug and troubleshoot software to resolve defects
- Create clearly documented goals, plans, designs and results
- Create reasonably and increasingly accurate work estimates
- Learn new emerging skills that are relevant to your industry
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.