Staff Engineer, Data Services Cloud
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer to work with a high performing group of software engineers and analysts. This engineer will support the GCP infrastructure utilized by several of our Data Services team.
We seek someone who’s excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers and managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. A large focus of our work centers on the custom model-serving framework we developed in Google Kubernetes Engine. We also heavily utilize Cloud Run and host a growing Airflow instance in our GCP space. We seek someone who’s comfortable helping drive our plans to scale our ever-growing cloud footprint as we ingest new data sources and our Data Scientists spin up shiny, new things.
We’re also looking for someone with an understanding of why and how diverse teams build better software and create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive and positive culture. We like to get things done and feel strongly about customer service and the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the team’s productivity and overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole.
What you’ll do here:
- Work with ML Engineering on scaling our traffic patterns and cloud footprint in order to provide low-latency answers to clients calling our services.Participate in and cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Engage in a results-oriented work style, and encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration and teamwork.
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap, specifically around the GCP infrastructure and scaling
- Help deploy, configure, operationalize,maintain, and monitor our solutions.
- Work with teams introducing new data sources to ensure our integrations adhere to consistent, scalable patterns and Mailchimp compliance and governance requirements
- Help identify and remove obstacles to project execution
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- You’ve got strong experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud Platform, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- You have a passion for writing clean and simple code, and follow good development and testing practices
- You enjoy defining processes for how we scale. Strategizing our path forward is every bit as important as our execution
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and actively contribute to code reviews, software design specs, team-level office hours, etc.
We dabble in quite a few items, however we’re more interested in your ability to learn and collaborate with our teams while remaining relentless on meeting the needs of our customers. Many of our amazing engineers have picked up the languages we use while working here. We mentioned a lot of items in the description, and want to encourage all peeps to apply. We don’t expect you to be familiar with everything here! We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.