Copywriter, Growth & Sales
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're looking for a website copywriter to join our Editorial and Content team. You’ll work within our Brand Experience group and collaborate with the Design and Product Marketing teams. Our ideal candidate has a writing background in website content with proven experience crafting effective, persuasive marketing and sales copy—we prefer sales over sizzle.
You should be passionate about content of all forms and show an interest in learning how we can best meet the needs of growing businesses. You should be ready to create sharp, engaging content that conveys the value of Mailchimp, charts a compelling journey to convert our audience, and helps business owners become better marketers.
What you'll do here:
- Align persuasive copy and data to meets users where they are and convert them
- Use sales knowledge, testing, marketing strategy & positioning, and user insights to inform copy
- Work closely with design to provide output that drives revenue and value
- Work cross functionally to craft solutions with a fun, fast-paced team
- Adhere and contribute to Mailchimp’s style guide to help maintain and evolve the brand voice and tone to align with business goals
- Build relationships with internal and external teams to produce quality website content that attracts prospects and converts them into customers
- Work with content designers to improve the performance of content over time
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand our customers’ pain points, needs, and challenges
- Perform editorial quality assurance on deliverables
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong portfolio of engaging work and bold copy
- 4+ years professional writing experience (website content, product copy, marketing and sales copy, etc.) in the technology space; SaaS and commerce industries are a plus
- You’ve worked on complex projects with cross-functional teams
- You’ve worked on web overhaul/redesign initiatives
- You’ve worked in a brand-focused environment
- You have a proven ability to meet deadlines and work with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have an awareness and understanding of content’s role in strategic business goals
- You understand Mailchimp as a brand and product
- You have the ability to ideate interesting, meaningful content for Mailchimp’s audience
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.