Product Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s app marketplace contains a robust community of software companies, integrators and app developers that play a critical role in driving value for our customers. We are looking for a Product Manager who will lead product for our Strategic Partners team, the team focused on developing and iterating on our top tier marketplace partners that drive significant long-term value for our customers and the company . This includes working directly with our partner’s development teams as well as 3rd party developers to build and maintain integrations.
The ideal candidate is experienced within the world of email marketing, especially the landscape of competitive and complementary products, and can communicate and execute technical solutions that solve for the needs of the customer. You should be an experienced team member who is comfortable taking the lead on technical projects and collaborating with cross-functional and partner teams to plan & execute.
What you'll do here:
- Own individual product from concept to launch, ensuring roadmap is aligned to company vision
- Lead 3rd party development teams to build & maintain integrations
- Lead internal development teams to enhance app features
- Partner with Research to validate or assess customer expectations and perceptions
- Collaborate with Strategy & Research to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products; regularly review metrics to ensure they are tracking to goal
- Communicate clearly defined and achievable product goals to Design and Engineering, negotiating trade-offs and adjusting scope as needed to hit major milestones
- Lead product team through Pragmatic Planning to identify scope for sprints; identify opportunities to validate product direction through MVPs
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Support to define release marketing reach, effort and support impact
- Build, edit and manage product backlog understanding the contributive value of each feature, the level of effort, risk and opportunity costs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are highly skilled at socializing business opportunity at all levels of the organization through written documentation, compelling presentations, and data-driven opportunity analysis
- You have the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in an organized and consumable format
- You are capable of and comfortable with working closely with Senior and C-level executives to develop product strategy
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies, APIs and integrations principles (coding experience not required)
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have an understanding of how to read data to analyze the performance of digital features
- You have the ability to work with multiple development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) solutions in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- Experience working with integrations/apps
- Knowledgeable about the marketing technology industry or competitive/complimentary products
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to think through a long-term vision for an integration, but realize and act on the small steps needed to get there
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and tailor work style and messaging to function effectively across globally distributed teams
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.