Manager of Business Solutions
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, commerce, CRM and analytics tools.
Our Business Solutions team supports and develops the software tools used by our Customer Team to provide our customers with an exceptional experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure a cross functional approach to tool development. Additionally, ensuring this collaborative approach is employed with enhancements, defect management, and implementation of tools.
As a Manager in Business Solutions, you will be responsible for developing and leading a team of individual contributors (Product Owners or System Administrators) that manage, maintain and oversee our software tools utilized by customer facing teams. Guides the team on their partnerships with internal customers on business as usual and strategic projects, assignments and determining prioritization using an Agile methodology. Collaborates with leadership to ensure their requests are properly scoped, managed and completed according to their needs.
Our ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical expertise while balancing the management of people and projects. Customer focused, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with a laser focus on contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing their team to be innovative.
What you'll do here:
- Develop and lead a team with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a customer obsessed culture
- Lead the team through planning to identify sprints scope, timelines and execution
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Understand and prioritize stakeholder needs and partner with the team to translate them into application functionality
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor and understanding their business needs
- Guide and mentor team with creation and management of their personal development plans
- Set clear and challenging goals for direct reports that support organizational-wide initiatives and hold team members accountable for performance
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies and best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years experience as a manager of people in an operations role
- You have experience leading teams of Product Owners or System Administrators supporting and managing software tools
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgment, team alignment, and display an appropriate sense of urgency
- You have a positive “can do” attitude while assuming best intentions and aligning with organizational goals and team members
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to lead and navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management and tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You have experience with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal and written communication
- You have standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.