Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
What you’ll do here:
- You enjoy working in complex production environments and seek out ways to drive ambiguity down by implementing creative solutions to technical issues that engineers encounter.
- Troubleshooting production incidents and debugging across distributed systems and at multiple layers (including network, system, and application). Seek to understand before making changes, and actively work to facilitate communication to better understand other approaches to problem solving.
- Define Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) to help teams make informed decisions about balancing reliability against engineering velocity.
- Build processes and tools to monitor uptime, and define error budgets for the overall service, as well as individual components (Hardware, Network, Software).
- Provide periodic reports/dashboard for System performance and availability.
- Work with Mailchimp development teams to define and implement opportunities for automation, notifications, alerts, and escalation procedures.
- Participate in a culture of direct, compassionate feedback and engage in a results-oriented work style with transparent communication.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience understanding or writing well-tested, observable, maintainable backend code in one or more programming languages. We primarily use PHP, Python, and Go (Golang), but prior experience with these languages is not a requirement.
- You have experience implementing technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, developing features, and facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You are able to make data-driven decisions and have developed an intuition for acceptable performance and reliability benchmarks. You have experience transforming metrics and raw data into dashboards and actionable alerts using tools like Grafana, Prometheus, and Kibana.
- You’re familiar with configuration management and have used a tool like Puppet or Terraform to automate the delivery and operation of infrastructure.
- You are able to participate in an on call rotation requiring availability outside of business hours.
- You embrace and demonstrate our core values of humility, creativity, and independence.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.