Senior Business Data Analyst, Customer Ops
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Data Analyst is to gather requirements, develop, maintain and improve reports across various data sources that support the identification and presentation of actionable insights related to key performance indicators, workforce management and optimization efforts across the Customer Team organization. You will partner with key players in Sales, Success, Support, Service Partners and Customer Education to meet the operational needs of the business. You are a champion of progress and innovation. You’re not afraid of deadlines, complexity or competing priorities and your flexible attitude means you’re happy to consider a variety of alternatives and course correct with ease.
What you'll do here:
- Support the identification and presentation of actionable insights and contribute to the development of business recommendations
- Develop and maintain quantitative analyses and statistical models
- Develop and maintain standard reporting packages for various audiences
- Participate in identifying and scoping analytical efforts that align with priority business opportunities, challenges, and needs
- Assist in data collection, cleansing, and validation
- Assist in defining data capabilities and explore internal and external data sources
- Develop and maintain data ETL workflows that support report and dashboard automation, as well as process efficiency
- Use data visualization to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions by senior leaders
- Work cross functionally with teams both inside and outside of the larger customer team on data projects and/or projects where data and reports will be impacted
- Research emerging technologies and make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
- Support efforts to ensure the data standards are developed and maintained
- Create and maintain a data dictionary
- Apply QA and governance best practices across all reports to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Promote utilization of new and existing reports, systems and processes and tools
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience
- You have 2-4 years work experience in data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting
- You have 1-2 years of experience in report automation
- You have experience with Python, SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, Big Query or comparable database systems and automation tools
- You have experience with platforms such as Tableau, Salesforce, Microsoft BI
- You have experience with a variety of business systems (Salesforce, ChurnZero, Zendesk, Playvox, G-Suite, etc.)
- You are an expert with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel
- You have experience in management level communications and interactions
- You have knowledge of basic statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
- You have a high degree of familiarity with contact center operations and CRM systems
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.