Sales Operations Analyst
Sales Operations Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, commerce, CRM and analytics tools.
Our Sales Operations team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our Sales initiatives as the organization continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As a Sales Operations Analyst, you’ll help lead strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will apply a variety of analytical/reporting techniques to conduct deep dive analysis on sales performance, sales quota management, lead management, and business trends. You’ll partner with teams across Mailchimp to support the business sales strategies by incorporating these insights to help shape the organization's strategic vision.
Reporting to the Director Sales Operations, the Sales Operations Analyst will support projects aligned to accelerate sales growth through best practice, sales effectiveness and operational efficiencies.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborates regularly with other functions supporting sales
- Support the launch and maintenance of sales processes which drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Using a combination of SQL, MS Excel, Google Sheets, and/or Salesforce to develop, maintain, and automate insights on
- sales activities
- lead management
- sales quotas
- sales KPIs
- Generate insights through visualizations and advanced analytics
- Monitor, investigate, and analyze multiple kinds of sales data sets to provide a complete picture of sales productivity, sales revenue, sales campaigns, and/or sales activities.
- Packages up requests from the sales organization and follows internal processes to deliver them
- Using a combination of SQL, MS Excel, Google Sheets, or Google Looker develop analytical models to forecast sales growth, sales quotas, and track progress of ongoing initiatives
- Manage multiple sales operational tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals
- Develop narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
We'd love to here from you if:
- 5+ years’ experience in operations role (sales operations, revenue operations, sales support)
- 2 + years’ experience as Salesforce “power user” to build reports and dashboard
- Experience with data delivery, automation, business intelligence, and visualization tools e.g. SQL, Salesforce, Excel/Sheets, Looker, Power Bi, or Tableau
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- Can pull sales insights from complex data sets, communicating results with clarity and provide recommendations to the business
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Proven track record influencing without authority
- Seeks to create network of peers and brings a global-first mindset to the work they deliver
- Problem solver by nature and can identify improvement opportunities
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, analytics, or equivalent work experience)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.