Senior Product Designer, Mobile
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprising brand design, product design, design operations, content strategy, user research and service design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a unified customer experience that inspires and brings value to small businesses.
We are looking for Senior Product Designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.
As a Senior Product Designer, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, data, and feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the customer’s point of view, market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset
- Love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar
- Work from product briefs, with clearly articulated goals and hypotheses
- Strive for clarity, working to influence others and build consensus, when dealing with ambiguity
- Work iteratively and love learning fast, taking action, reacting quickly to new information, and focusing on results
- Are customer-focused and value diverse perspectives
- Think about the entire system, providing solutions that better the entire customer experience, not only the feature
What you'll do here:
- Work with a product manager, engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research, and product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences
- Explore and refine concepts, then narrow to the best solution, weighing technical feasibility and scope with your team
- Work in Figma to deliver elegant solutions to the right problems, advocating for our diverse customer base with data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users through creating research plans, leading and participating in research, focused on both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs)
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights to create empathy with our customers and guide your product team
- Raise the bar for the quality of design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Can show experience shipping high impact, successful digital products
- Speak KPIs, OKRs and understand how to rely on data to support your work
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify the customer experience across products and platforms
- Are a self-starter who works proactively to solve problems and bring clarity to ambiguity
- Facilitate both design-focused and cross-functional sessions with ease, relying on your knowledge of facilitation tools and techniques
- Seek to understand, and believe that diverse perspectives are the key to successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer-centric approaches to work
- Can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Understand how modern technologies are used with design
- Love balancing best practices with smart risks
- Have experience or a desire to mentor, while believing you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within and evolving a design system
- Know how to measure success and guide designs to ensure your work supports a strategic goal
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Have at least 1 year of experience working on QBO and/or QBM and show proficiency in QBDS and for web and mobile
- Are able to leverage mobile QBDS to deliver elegant mobile interface design solutions for IOS and Android
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Have proficiency in designing and prototyping in Figma
- Can flex between low fidelity and high fidelity design as needed
- Have an interest or in-depth familiarity with the latest trends in mobile app user experience
- Possess operational understanding of Accessibility and ability to incorporate accessibility in the Mobile designs
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.