Senior Director, CX
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate design leader to lead our CX team (content design, research, design system). As the Senior Director of CX, you will be responsible for defining, measuring, and driving a world-class user experience for Mailchimp across our App and Mobile properties. You will lead and grow a team that will identify and drive the optimization of key customer-facing areas to connect the dots across the brand from marketing the campaigns across .com, using the product across desktop and mobile, to helping integrate contextual content such as the knowledge base, Mailchimp presents, and customer support. This team will be responsible for the management and delivery of the CX strategies, tools, concepts, and measurement. You will continually evaluate user experience opportunities, frame options and decision choices, and facilitate constructive tradeoffs to drive customer and business outcomes measured by a combination of CSAT, NPS, and product engagement.
As the CX leader, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders -including strategy, marketing, customer support, product, engineering, and people ops- to drive a culture of customer-centric thinking throughout the organization. You will have a proven track record of success in elevating the experience, leading with a strong vision, and a mindset that views the user experience as Mailchimp’s most important “product.” You should also have experience creating world-class systems and processes to measure and improve user experience.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead one of the world’s most talented design teams.
- Empower small businesses around the world to grow their customers, brand and businesses.
- Launch your side gig and actively get to use Mailchimp products and services to try to grow your customers.
- Coach and unlock personal growth for the leaders on your team.
- Create a culture and team environment where teams can do the best work of their lives.
- Learn how to make coffee for your coworkers (or order them coffee remotely).
- Champion the Mailchimp design brand in external and internal design communities.
- Lead cross-functional product vision as a member of the Product Leadership Team.
- Closely partner and collaborate with cross-functional partners to accelerate the time it takes for brilliant ideas to translate to experiments and experiences.
- As an officer of the company, consistently demonstrate inclusion, integrity and customer-obsession.
- Participate in Mailchimp programs that bring design opportunities and education to underrepresented communities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about serving Small Businesses and growing incredible designers into design leaders.
- You have 8+ years of demonstrated UX leadership and management for branded products or systems.
- You have a solid understanding of UX strategies, best practices, principles, and models.
- You have experience leading UX design teams and deliverables (visual, interaction, content, user research, front end engineers).
- You are a servant leader with proven leadership and decision making skills.
- You are an exceptional communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate and sell a vision to product and technical teams.
- You are a skilled collaborator that can bring the best out of your colleagues
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset with a focus on possibilities and not obstacles.
- You are adaptable to change, collaborative, and can work through ambiguity with ease.
- You like to win, and be a part of a winning team.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.