Director, Global Lifecycle Marketing: Engagement and Churn Prevention
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Director of Engagement and Churn Prevention to join our growing Lifecycle Marketing and Operations team. This is a new role, responsible for developing deep knowledge of Mailchimp customers post the first 90 days. You will design and create E2E journeys that are easy, relevant, and customizable and identify the right customers to upgrade, cross-sell or retain using data analysis and predictive modeling. You will partner closely with Product and use a combination of models, data insights and customer signals to provide the right messages, instructions and reassurance needed for any combination of customer moments in any channel.
What you’ll do here:
- Build your team and foster a growth mindset with a focus on craft skills and data acumen to become fully fledged data natives. Dedicate time to coaching and development and elevate the value created by each individual.
- Establish strategic goals and direction for the team and develop the strategy to deliver a full suite of programs including adoption, upgrade, growth and churn prevention.
- Partner closely with analytics and use customer behavior and data insights to design triggered communications such as feature abandon series and upgrade series targeting customers when they become eligible for advanced features.
- Work cross-functionally to create “wow” omni-channel, real-time personalized experiences using customer behavior.
- Collaborate with PMM to ensure right value prop, market context and product features for priority markets.
- Optimize and improve use of existing owned touchpoints and pilot new channels to increase the number of customers upgrading from free to paid plans.
- Identify the key performance metrics or indicators to measure success, both leading and lagging indicators.
- Cultivate a test & learn culture and implement measurement frameworks to track business outcomes focusing on incremental lifts in revenue and customer actions.
- Develop campaign backlog and execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda to enhance campaign effectiveness.
- Work with Analytics and Data Science to create models to better tailor communications and further narrow focus.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to plan and manage the end to end process of multi-channel campaigns using the right technology to amplify the strategy.
- Evaluate agile ways of working to deliver regularly and iteratively. Balance the delivery of new programs with the continued optimization of live programs.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years hands-on experience in Lifecycle Marketing / CRM, developing winning data driven strategies.
- You have experience building a lifecycle marketing team and know how to inspire and motivate others to achieve their best work.
- You have a deep understanding of omni-channel strategies, tactics, and tools and a strong ability to develop backlogs and prioritize work based on business impact.
- You have strong domain expertise in dynamic, triggered notifications, and multi-platform direct customer communications.
- You are highly analytical and data-driven with the ability to surface meaningful insights from large data sets and are adept at A/B testing, forecasting, iterating, and tracking against key performance metrics.
- Have the ability to roll-up sleeves and lead by example at both strategic and tactical levels
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning and iterating and have proven examples of how you have used this to deliver meaningful results.
- You are customer obsessed and understand the need to put customers at the center of all programs and engage with them seamlessly across all touch points in real-time.
- You can set a clear vision and help the team achieve it at the highest level of craft
- You have an open, curious, and inclusive mindset.
- You are an outstanding talent magnet who fosters career growth and attracts top talent to a high-performing team.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.