Software Engineer III, SMS
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp-Messaging is a group at Mailchimp focused on building our new SMS Messaging feature and integrating functionality across our marketing and other product features, and we are looking for a mid-level engineer to help us do it. You can expect to help execute on the team’s technical direction, contribute to the team’s efforts to establish patterns and processes, and contribute and/or lead work on MVP features. You will collaborate with engineers on the SMS team and others throughout the company as needed.
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as you’ll work with many folks in other locations) and be excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you. We have several openings across a few specific teams within this initiative so if this description sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- You'll write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the Mailchimp application.
- You'll share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues.
- You'll provide mentorship for fellow team members, and collaborate with Senior / Staff Engineers.
- You'll research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team.
- You'll work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
- You'll work independently with minimal supervision.
- You'll foster an inclusive community on the team and within the company.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in backend, front end or full-stack development.
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects.
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices.
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others.
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- You are passionate about building great web applications and have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products.
- You embrace and demonstrate our values in the Mailchimp product: humility, creativity, and independence.
- You embrace our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP
- Experience with Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
- SMS, MMS
- Number portability, number lookups, NPAC daily files
- Netnumber OSR
- The Campaign Registry
- 10DLC, Short Codes
- TCPA, CTIA, GDPR, CCPA
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.