IT Specialist II
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The IT Specialist II is a member of the IT Helpdesk team in our Atlanta, Georgia office, one of three teams that make up Mailchimp's corporate IT department. As all Mailchimp employees are our customers, The IT Help Desk team helps ensure Mailchimp employees everywhere have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a customer service-centric professional with strong communication and organizational skills and a technical understanding of IT enterprise systems to join our growing company of over 1,200 people across 4+ offices.
You will provide day-to-day tactical support to our end-users; which includes, but is not limited to general troubleshooting of computers, hardware, and devices as well as applications and systems, printing, and networking. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- You'll work from the Atlanta, Georgia office (This is a hybrid role, you would work in the office at least 3 days a week)
- You'll respond to Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support issues and monitor the IT ticket queue while following documented troubleshooting or process steps.
- You'll work with your IT teammates to empower and support our diverse group of employees wherever they happen to be.
- You'll serve as an escalation point for Tier 1 issues.
- You'll troubleshoot computers, hardware, and local network-based devices such as access controls, security cameras, and videoconferencing equipment.
- You'll troubleshoot applications and systems as well as wired and wireless network connections on macOS.
- You'll help employees select and connect peripherals and accessories.
- You'll provide AV assistance, including guest networking, conference room equipment, and meeting support.
- You'll collaborate with more experienced team members to resolve more complex issues.
- You'll participate and lead IT onboarding sessions for new employees.
- You'll provide on-call support on a rotational basis after business hours.
- You’ll maintain IT supplies for the office, including ordering and recycling inventory
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- You have beginning to intermediate knowledge of troubleshooting tools built in MacOS (i.e. Activity Monitor, Network Utility, Disk Utility, imaging, etc.)
- You have a basic understanding of troubleshooting methodology (including Cloud software).
- You have beginner level of wired and wireless networking knowledge.
- You work within systems to document, track, and resolve a ticket.
Nice, but not required (still apply!), if you have:
- Worked in IT in a creative, software company and/or corporate environment
- Worked with the following (or similar) core technologies/applications: Jamf Pro, Okta, Duo Security, 1Password, Google Workspace, Atlassian Product Suite (Confluence/Jira).
- Have the CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ certifications.
- Have the Google IT Support Professional certificate.
- Supported an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
- Experience troubleshooting A/V equipment.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.