Facilities Operations Engineer
Facilities Operations Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
MailChimp’s Facilities Department operates in an environment that is fairly unique compared to that of many other businesses. Our Atlanta headquarters is located at Ponce City Market, a redeveloped historic, mixed-use building in Atlanta, containing food halls and retail space with national and local retail, restaurants, boutiques, Class A offices, and residential units. Mailchimp’s second Atlanta office is located at 530 Means Street, in a Class B+ historic building with rustic industrial aesthetics. Distributed offices in Brooklyn, NY, Oakland, CA, and Vancouver, BC, are currently housed in WeWork buildings to help us accommodate our rapid growth. In all Mailchimp locations we have custom furniture and finishes, departments and cross-functional teams that move and change frequently, and a hyper-vigilance towards security.
The Facilities Operations Department’s goal is to provide the best, safest, and most efficient working environment possible for our fellow employees. Good communication, open collaboration, and thorough forethought are essential to meeting our high expectations for customer service. We must constantly prioritize, reprioritize, and execute our tasks and projects, understanding that the work environment directly affects the comfort and productivity of all of our employees.
Mailchimp’s Facilities Operations Department is looking for a highly skilled Facilities Engineer to join our team. The Facilities Engineer works with the Facilities Operations Team onsite at the Mailchimp Offices. They are skilled in problem solving, assessing when equipment isn’t working properly, proficient with digital applications (Zendesk, Google apps, ect.), and a comprehensive understanding of the Facilities equipment. They communicate clearly with managers, engineers, and cross functional teams. The Facilities Engineer works closely with the Facilities Managers to keep office locations presentable and functional.
What you’ll do here:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that the Facilities systems operate efficiently and that physical conditions of the building do not deteriorate.
- Do maintenance tasks such as kitchen equipment cleanings, carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical or mechanical repairs to keep the building operational.
- Executing employee moves and New Hire setups (offices, desks, chairs, furniture, etc.)
- Assist the IT/Events teams setup tables and chairs in event spaces and meeting rooms.
- Host onsite contractors.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems.
- Have ownership of small to medium projects and be able to complete them on time with minimal oversight from the manager.
- Time allocation: 90% hands on, 10% administrative (checking emails, updating work tickets, required company wide online courses, spreadsheets, documents)
- Work normal business hours shifts that range between 8am-6pm with occasional after hours repairs.
- Approved for P-Card to assist with purchasing Facilities related products, with some travel to Remote Offices.
- This is a Work From Office position, please reference our vaccination policy below.
- Job classification: Currently Non-Exempt (hourly with overtime) might become Exempt.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 3-5+ years experience in Facilities or equivalent skillset.
- Able to lift items of up to 55lb.
- You are a computer savvy person and able to navigate apps such as: Okta, Ping ID, Workday, Gmail spreadsheets/docs, Coupa, ect.
- Commercial or Residential constructions skills, detailing vehicles.
- You understand cable routing for power and ethernet.
- Proven track record working well with a team, meeting deadlines, efficient and reliable, self directing, willing to assist other employees in the department, able to adapt to fast paced environments with a willingness to readjust priorities as needed.
- Having Osha Safety Certification is a plus, we are able to provide new employees with training.
- Cleaning, repairing, installing commercial kitchen equipment is a plus.
- Working experience with Zendesk is a plus.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions