Manager of Global Web Ops
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're looking for a Manager of Global Web Ops to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong and experienced leader with a passion for developing talent and elevating communications. You will become a hub, linking multiple departments with similar goals, creating processes that flow through many stakeholders, and planning and supervising projects involving the creation of online content for mailchimp.com and other digital properties. You will be a contributing manager leading by example and collaborating with your team to ensure deadlines are met across multiple campaigns with various prioritization levels.
This role is responsible for daily operations of the web ops production team, maintaining governance and compliance of Mailchimp.com, and working with the engineering (development) team for best practices. This role will partner with web marketing and product development cross-functional leaders on revolutionizing our website to be optimized for acquisition. Key responsibilities include maintaining compliance standards and production capacity, working with numerous stakeholders cross functionally to improve the customer experience through product roadmaps, and supporting technologies, teams, and site governance at all times.
What you'll do here:
- Partner with digital project planning, guide teams to build project briefs, identify objectives, deliverables and work efforts, establish priorities and schedule team projects.
- Build and maintain production workflows in our CMS including QA, page building and maintenance. Serve as the key subject matter expert on the CMS. Look for ways to increase efficiencies within the CMS for the team.
- Together with the engineering team, you will own the tech stack through Contentful CMS that supports the mailchimp.com site. Understand all the inner workings and make recommendations to keep the tech stack at enterprise levels.
- Maintain the CMS auditing. This would include users, roles and permissions, component audits, etc.
- Build and oversee the globalization of the site. Work with engineers for localization needs, guide the translation work with the appropriate team(s), streamline and look for efficiencies that would lead to best in practice international lead generation.
- Partner closely with web engineers, design teams and project managers for initiative execution and time management. Main stakeholders include but are not limited to PMO's, design and engineering leads, team managers, initiative and project owners, and cross functional levels.
- Provide strategic guidance in best practices and recommendations to meet the goals of our stakeholders. Communication with creative, content, product, social and development teams supporting mailchimp.com and other digital properties will be key.
- Participate and contribute to strategic and project planning meetings becoming the voice of the digital production team. Identify challenges and offer solutions keeping in mind prioritization and schedule constraints.
- Manage and work with third parties as needed to execute on mailchimp.com projects.
- Make web ops look easy! You will need to translate complicated technical terminology and process to non-digital stakeholders building and maintaining confidence in the knowledge and ability of the team.
- Maintain a centralized location housing all of the web ops workflows, training, governance and process documentation. Communicate this location and keep it up to date for ongoing understanding across the organization.
- Participate in the digital experience and user journeys. Identify areas of improvement and take action to better the dotcom experience with a lead generation perspective always at the forefront.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 6+ years of professional experience in web design and management in an enterprise level environment. 1+ years as a people manager. International web experience preferred.
- Expertise with headless CMS environments and the ability to jump in as an individual contributor in addition to supporting the team's questions.
- Experience in running project management systems in an agile environment balancing capacities across the team. You will need to balance multiple and often competing project efforts simultaneously while managing expectations throughout the organization.
- Front and back end SEO knowledge required.
- Experience in synthesizing site strategy for large websites with legacy content and localization requirements.
- Strong time management, organization, problem solving, follow through and interpersonal skills.
- Make decisions based on executive and organizational priorities for the team within a fast-paced environment. Experience with project management techniques and tools to scope, prioritize and coordinate, support team prioritization, communicate changes and completion within a larger organization.
- Communication and presentation skills are a must. You will be up-leveling status reports, needs and challenges, project completions, and project / partner guidance.
- Web design experience is a plus!
- Manage cross-functional training to ensure there are backups to all systems.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.