Marketing Associate, International Media
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Marketing Associate to help accelerate Mailchimp’s top strategic priorities with a focus on driving growth. Your role will include supporting the US & CA team with components of strategy (e.g. crafting growth playbook); analytics (e.g. translating data into insights and narrative, competitive landscape analysis), planning (e.g., annual strategy and planning); and communications. The ideal candidate should have passion for delivering game-changing impact.
What you'll do here:
- You will assist in planning, strategy, and reporting for all paid media channels within the UK, AU and rest of the world
- Manage media agencies day-to-day and evolve media plans with a test and learn mentality focused on meeting our performance objectives
- Monitor pacing towards set monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets
- Track our progress towards set goals and proactively engage the team if issues or wins arise
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive ongoing optimizations towards media creative, messaging, audiences, and landing pages
- Identify incremental marketing opportunities to scale our reach to meet our target market and drive conversions
- Be a resource for internal team members and assist in communicating updates for the UK, AU and ROW markets
- Work closely with key publishers, technology providers, and marketing leaders (Brand, Web, Search, Display & Video, and Analytics) to support the strategy development and execution of multi-channel campaigns.
- Help manage digital and traditional media buys (Radio, TV, and OOH) within the UK and AU
- Support in administrative organization / development of processes with external agencies
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 3+ years of experience managing paid media campaigns at an agency or in-house with annual budget exceeding $25M, SaaS experience preferred
- Focused experience on digital channels (paid social, paid search, programmatic, etc.)
- Experience with traditional channels (radio, OOH, and TV), not required
- Global Planning experience, particularly in the UK and AU
- MarTech platform experience
- Nice to have agency management experience
- gSuite competent
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven success working cross functionally with teams such as design, campaign management, web ops, and marketing analytics.
- Self-motivation, high level of ownership, and willingness to proactively take on projects
- Proven track record of shaping strategy through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way
- Ability to quickly synthesize qualitative and quantitative information, structure a concise and clear presentation of findings, and articulate recommendations to an executive audience.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.