Deliverability Advisor - Daytime
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Compliance team works to protect and nurture Mailchimp’s reputation, systems, sending ability, and revenue streams by enforcing our Terms, combating abuse, and educating and empowering our users to follow best practices that optimize deliverability. Our team loves to learn, collaborate, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Deliverability Advisor to join our Compliance team. You will interact with customers through our email-based ticketing system to investigate and resolve their compliance issues. You are comfortable asking questions, digging deep, connecting dots and making judgement calls that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business. Excellent written communication skills, thick skin, and a sense of humor are some of the ingredients that will make you successful. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Investigate user accounts to identify compliance issues and determine appropriate course of action to bring issues to resolution
- Educate users on best practices of email marketing and list management
- Demonstrate empathy with customer while maintaining best interests of the business
- Use established methodologies and documented investigation techniques to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, bring issues to resolution
- Respond to issues in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements
- Meet/exceed defined productivity and quality metrics
- Collaborate with Delivery, Technical Support, Legal, Billing or other internal departments on issues related to compliance
- Act as subject matter expert for users and internal departments
- Partner with team members on various strategic projects or corporate initiatives as needed
- Communicate pertinent information to colleagues and teammates
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Participate in weekend coverage rotation
- Associate's degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to exercise judgement based on analysis of information
- Attention to detail in investigation and written communication
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technical aptitude and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate technical concepts
- Self-directed and motivated
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
- Humble about accomplishment and creative about solutions
- Comfortable working in a ‘change fast’ environment
- Experience with email marketing and ESPs is a plus
- Understanding of anti-spam legislation is a plus
- SQL/Database Query Experience is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.