Senior Marketing Manager, Social Media
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. Our Marketing Operations team helps to support the entire marketing organization and helps to ensure company and organizational goals are being met on a continual basis.
We’re looking for a Social Media Senior Manager to join the team to help build and execute MailChimp’s social media strategy and provide ongoing channel management. The ideal candidate has built comprehensive, multi-channel social strategies from the ground up and has extensive experience working cross-functionally. You are an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. This role is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with our internal creative agency, PR, Brand Marketing Managers, and the Education team to develop and implement our content and communications strategy.
- Manage all of MailChimp’s social media channels
- Design, implement, and manage MailChimp’s social media strategy, including content and communications strategies, channel guidelines, KPIs and Goals, and day to day activities
- Work with the Brand Marketing Managers to ensure their segment goals and marketing plans are represented in social strategies
- Ensure all social channels and activities are in alignment with MailChimp’s voice and tone and brand guidelines
- Develop benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media program success
- Analyze program and campaign effectiveness and change as needed to maximize results
- Develop and provide ongoing social media performance reporting
- Provide feedback, insights, and recommendations to our Web Marketing team, Brand Marketing team, Education team, and copywriters
- Work with copywriters as needed to develop blog content and other content for strategies and campaigns
- Work with the MailChimp social support team, continuously building process improvement and updating strategies as needed
- Lead a team of experienced social media professionals - attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing team members
- Work with a number of colleagues across various teams to develop a content calendar and prioritize initiatives
- Work with internal media teams to develop paid social programs
- Explore, evaluate, and implement new social tools as required
- Work with outside agencies and strategic partners as needed
- Serve as a social media subject matter expert, making recommendations and providing feedback to marketing team members
- Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, translating that into content and channel strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Business, Marketing or related field (Master’s Degree is preferred)
- 8+ years of marketing experience with 3+ years in social media
- 2+ years managing teams
- Strong understanding of analytics
- Experience managing social media technologies such as Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Sprout, Oktopost, Buffer, etc.
- Experience in the B2B space
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Bonus Points for
- Global experience
- Experience in the technology space
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.