MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every team from product to brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
We’re looking for a creative Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and obsessing about cultivating transparency and guiding design approaches. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Actively manage designers and provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well as mentor and grow team
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Work closely with front end and marketing managers to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep MailChimp at the forefront of UX design
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
- 6+ years design experience
- 3+ years experience managing design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience on teams designing for web and mobile
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.