Software Engineering Manager (Brooklyn)
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to help us build the MailChimp application. You’ll manage our product development team and work with our customer–service team to resolve issues as they arise and to build new functionality into our product
- Recruit, onboard, and retain a team of engineers
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of 5-7 engineers working on cross-functional product teams
- Coordinate best practices and initiatives with leadership in Engineering, QA, and Operations
- Experience leading engineers
- Previous experience as an engineer
- A proven track record of managing successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate across multiple teams including design and infrastructure
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with executive team
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office in the heart of Downtown. We're within three blocks of 10 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, A, B, C, G, Q, R), across the street from Junior's, a block from the Dekalb Market Hall, and a few blocks from Fort Greene Park.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.