After a customer buys something from you, it may be a while before they purchase again. Our customer re-engagement automation is designed to win back customers who haven't purchased from your store in a specific timeframe.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a customer re-engagement automation.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This automation is available to users who connect a supported e-commerce store or custom API 3.0 integration. To find out if your store supports this automation, visit the Connected Sites page, click the name of your integration, and check the Features list.
- The from email address you specify for your automation is used on each email in the series. To change the from email address on an individual email, manually update that email's settings.
- On Forever Free and Pay As You Go Plans, a credit is used for each email the automation sends to a contact, including test emails.
Create an Automation
You'll build this automation by completing a series of tasks, just like you would with a regular campaign.
To create a customer re-engagement automation, follow these steps.
- Launch the Automation Builder.
- Enter a campaign name and click the drop-down menu to choose a list.
- Click Begin.
Now we'll take you to the Emails step where you'll design each email in your automation.
In the Emails step of the Automation Builder, you'll add, remove, or re-order emails in your automation, and design each email's content. You can also edit each individual email's settings.
The customer re-engagement automation includes three emails, but you can add or remove emails, or change the settings for each. The default automation features emails with the following triggers.
- 120 days after subscriber's last purchase
- 240 days since subscriber's last purchase and previous email was sent
- 360 days since subscriber's last purchase and previous email was sent
Design an Email
- Click Design Email.
- On the Setup step, input the field names for Name your email, Email subject, Preview Text, From name, and From email address for the specific email you're working with.
To display the numbered position of the email in the automation, use automation merge tags in your subject line.
- Click Next.
- On the Template step of the Email Designer, select your template.
- On the Design step of the Email Designer, design your email. Be sure to preview and test each of your emails.
- Click Save and Return to Workflow, to return to your automation timeline.
- Repeat these steps for each email in your automation.
Edit Workflow Settings
Your overall automation workflow settings include your Workflow name, From name, From email address, and tracking options. To access your workflow settings, navigate to the Emails step of the Automation Builder and click Edit Workflow Settings.
Confirm and Start
Now that you've designed your emails and configured your workflow settings, it's time to double check everything and start your automation!
- On the Confirm step, review the checklist provided and click Resolve or Edit to make any changes to your automation.
- When you're ready, click Start Workflow to start sending your automation.