Use the Mailchimp for Square connection to sync items in your Square account to Mailchimp.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect or disconnect Mailchimp for Square.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you begin this process.
- Square customers who haven't signed up for marketing emails will appear in your list as non-subscribed contacts, and can get transactional emails or social ads.
- Mailchimp for Square allows you to connect a single Square location to your Mailchimp account.
- Before you connect your store, you’ll need to accept our additional terms of service.
Connect Mailchimp for Square
To install the integration, you'll need to connect your Square store to Mailchimp, choose the list you want to sync with Square, and select a Square location.
To connect your Square account to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- In your Mailchimp account, navigate to the Square connected site page.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your Square username and password. Click Sign In.
- Review the permissions request, then click Allow.
- Use the drop-down to choose a list.
- Click Next.
- Choose a Square location from the drop-down to sync with your Mailchimp account.
- Click Next.
- When you store is connected, click All Done.
View Site Details
In your Mailchimp account, you can visit the Connected Sites page to view the site details for your Square store.
To view your site details, click your profile name in your Mailchimp account, and choose Connected Sites.
From here, you'll be able to view the connection status,your synced list, change your Square location, and sync with items in your Square account.
Whenever you add a new item to your Square store, or update an existing item, you can sync to your Mailchimp account from the Connected Sites page.
To sync your items, click Refresh Items in the Product Settings section.
Disconnect Mailchimp for Square
To disconnect Mailchimp for Square, follow these steps.
- In your Mailchimp account, click your profile name, and choose Connected Sites.
- On the Square site details page, click Disconnect.
- In the Are You Sure? modal, click Continue.
- Choose a reason you want to disconnect your integration, and click Disconnect.