If you maintain numerous Mailchimp accounts for your company or clients, use a single login to control them. This process lets you log in to several accounts with one username and password, while keeping the billing and account data separate for each account.
In this article, you'll learn how to use a single login to access multiple Mailchimp accounts.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Only franchises and agencies can create multiple accounts under our Acceptable Use Policy.
- This process involves adding an Admin-level user, so a paid Marketing or Pay As You Go plan is required.
- If you manage free or paid plans for clients, consider connecting client accounts and accessing other agency tools through our Mailchimp & Co program.
- Managing multiple accounts with one login will keep all billing and account data separate. If you're trying to combine billing and account data, check out Combine Multiple Accounts.
Add yourself as an Admin
Decide which account will act as your primary account and which will act as your secondary account. During this two-step process, you'll email yourself an invitation to join your secondary account, and log in with your primary account's username and password.
To send an account invitation to the email associated with your primary account login, follow these steps.
- Log in to your secondary Mailchimp account.
Click your profile icon and choose Account.
Click the Settings drop-down and choose Users.
- Click Invite A User.
- On the Invite a user page, input the email address associated with your primary account login profile and choose Admin. You also have the option of writing a customized message on this page.
- Click Send Invite.
We'll send an email to the address you've provided asking you to join the account. As soon as you receive the email, you're ready to link your account logins.
Link your logins
To link your primary account login to your secondary account, follow these steps.
- In your email client, open the account invitation.
- Click Join This Account.
- On the Login screen, click Use your login to join this account.
- Input your primary account username and password and click Log In & Join.
Now your account logins are linked. Use these steps to link as many Mailchimp accounts as you need, and the next time you log in to Mailchimp, we'll ask you which account you want to access.
For users that have two-factor authentication or account verification enabled, there will be an additional step after logging in to join the secondary account. You’ll be asked to confirm your account information and verify your mobile phone number via SMS.
After you log in to either account, you'll be able to switch between them in the profile menu. Click your profile icon, choose Switch Account, and then select the name of the account you want to access.