Combine Mailchimp accounts to streamline your marketing and potentially cut down on your monthly bill. To do this, you'll export your data from one account and import it into another account.
In this article, you'll learn how to combine Mailchimp accounts.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article shows you how to combine the data from two accounts into one. You can also choose to keep your accounts separate and manage both with one Mailchimp login.
- Decide which account you'll import to, or create a new master account. Remaining accounts will stay intact until you close them permanently.
- Campaign reports and audience statistics can't be imported into your master account. To keep data that can't be imported, export the CSVs for your records or leave the old account open.
Export Account Data
First, log in to the account you no longer want to use and export your data. Here's what's included in account exports.
- CSV files for each audience's subscribed, unsubscribed, and cleaned contacts
- HTML files for your templates and campaigns
- Campaign reports
For each audience you exported, you'll need to import each CSV for the subscribed, unsubscribed, and cleaned contacts into your main account. It's important to take the time to import each file with the right contact status so you don't inadvertently add an unsubscribed contact as subscribed, or vice versa.
Close or Pause Old Accounts
To preserve your audience statistics and other data, pause your monthly billing or archive contacts to keep your old accounts open but inactive. If you don't need to store data in your old accounts, you can close them.