If you no longer need to use Mailchimp, you can permanently close your account in your account settings.
In this article, you'll learn how to close your Mailchimp account.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- After an account is deleted, it can't be restored. This means all account data, including lists and reports, is removed from our system and can't be recovered.
- When you permanently close your account, we remove all data associated with your lists, campaign archives, and reports. Before you close your account, be sure to back up your data.
- If you're a Monthly Plan user, and have recently upgraded to a higher billing tier, you may owe an outstanding balance. Any outstanding balance will have to be paid before you can close the account.
- If you don't need to send as many campaigns for a while, you can purchase Pay As You Go credits instead. Or, to stop monthly billing, but retain access to your account and reactivate sending later, you can pause your account twice a year.
How to Close Your Account
To close your account, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click the Settings drop-down menu, and choose Pause or delete account.
- Click Permanently delete this account, and click Continue.
- Complete the exit survey, confirm your password, and click Permanently Delete Account.
- In the Confirm Account Deletion pop-up modal, type DELETE.
- Click Delete Your Account to permanently close your Mailchimp account.
We'll display a success message to let you know your account has been closed.