If you’ve ever wanted to resend an email to people who didn’t open it the first time, use Mailchimp’s mobile app to do it in just a few taps. When you resend an email campaign, it can sometimes cause unsubscribes, but if you only do it once, and within a day of the original send time, it may actually help you boost your engagement.
In this article, you'll learn a how to use the mobile app to resend an email campaign to people who didn't open it.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- The mobile app uses data science to determine which of your campaigns are the best candidates for a resend. If your campaign isn't eligible, you won't see the Resend to non-openers button.
- This feature is not available for automated, A/B testing, or RSS campaign types.
- To learn how to resend unopened emails from the desktop version of Mailchimp, checkout Resend an Unopened Campaign.
- If your original unopened email campaign included a social post, resending it will re-post to the social channels you selected.
Resend to non-openers
To resend an unopened campaign with our mobile app, follow these steps.
- In the Mailchimp mobile app tap the Reports tab.
- Tap the name of your email campaign.
- Tap Resend to non-openers.
- When you're ready, touch and hold the button to confirm. If you want to make changes first, tap EDIT and RESEND.
Turn on marketing tips
While you’re on your phone or tablet, be sure to turn on our marketing tips. We’ll send you curated tips every once in a while, including push notifications of when you should resend your next email campaign to non-openers.
To turn on marketing tips, follow these steps.
- In the mobile app, tap the Home tab.
- Tap the profile icon to open Settings.
- In the Notifications section, swipe to turn on Marketing Tips.
All set! Now, we’ll send you a notification when you have a campaign that’s ready to resend to non-openers.